Congratulations! You have found the George and Erin Chapman blog site. That must mean we like you and you like us! Ha! Ha! Well, for many of you of whom we keep in touch with (mostly family because we're so bad with every one else), anything that is written may be "old news". But, for all those whom we hope will forgive us for being terrible friends, you might find this interesting (we hope).
George is currently serving as a 1st Lieutenant in the United States Air Force. His current occupation is a missileer (for non-military folk, he's a rocket scientist - just kidding) at Malmstrom Air Force Base in Great Falls, MT. His assignment is four years and we are just about halfway done! Thank goodness. We don't mind living in Montana. It is just a hard job! It is hard on George and hard on family life. However, George recently was promoted to having a job in the Office Support Squadron, which means he is away from home much, much less. This has been very, very good!
Jaren just turned 1 years old the other day. He was very thankful to reach that milestone on none other but Thanksgiving day. We were very fortunate to have my family (Erin) come from Washington to spend his first birthday with us. Jaren received several cool presents from Grandma and Grandpa Park. He also had a very cool birthday cake! Jaren is growing up fast. He is not yet walking on his own yet. He prefers to walk along walls and cling to my legs than venture off on his own. He has a few words that he says consistently. He likes to say "Hi dad" to both myself and George. And, he says Eddiedie for Eddie (our beloved German Shepherd). Although he does not speak very many words, he has no problem communicating to us. When he wants more food, he says "Heeyyyy". When he's done eating, he pushes the spoonful of food away, and when he wants to be picked up, he crawls over to me, pulls himself up onto my legs, and cries until I pick him up. I hope to teach him sign language so we will not have to listen to him cry or yell at us as much.
As for myself, I am staying busy picking up after Hurricane Jaren, watching Baby Einstein videos (actually one, over and over and over again), doing laundry (I thought it was a never-ending job before Jaren), household chores, and serving as the Young Women's president in my ward. My days seem to go by awfully fast and I have a hard time remembering what it is I do all day. The only time I have to accomplish anything is when Jaren sleeps and I seem to remember (faintly) that I have a Christmas stocking for Jaren that I am trying to finish before Christmas comes. Other than that, my days are consumed with my darling baby boy, my whiny dog (for lack of attention), and my tired and busy husband (when he's home).
Life treats us pretty good. We still feel very blessed to have Jaren in our lives. Though he can be challenging, we love him to death and are grateful for every day that we have to live with him. Well, that is enough for now. Hope all is well.
2 comments:
Yah! You have a blog! I'm so excited to read about your family updates. Keep 'em coming!
So this is where the Malmstromites hide out...
Post a Comment