Friday, October 10, 2008

Utah, This is the Place

Last week, we escaped to Utah to spend some quality time with family and friends! It was also a trip to rejuvenate my spirits. Due to the timing of my trip, not only was I emotionally uplifted but spiritually as well thanks to General Conference! To sum it up, the trip was awesome and just what I needed. I was happily surprised to see a few of my extended family members in Utah that weekend who normally live elsewhere.

In addition to the excitement of visiting and renewing friendships, I was also able to go to some amazing places in Utah. I may classify these places as amazing because these places do not exist where I live. You know the saying..."Distance makes the heart grow fonder"? The same applies here. I was able to go to Costco, a real hair salon, Chuck E. Cheese's, Robert's Crafts Store (a.k.a. Mormon Craft Mecca), Deseret Book, the Hogle Zoo, Olive Garden, and the Treehouse Children's Museum in Ogden. A few words about the Treehouse Children's Museum: go there and see it for yourself if you are ever in the area. It is so cool. If I ever have a playroom for my children, I would try to duplicate some of the play areas in that place. Trust me, it is awesome.

I took a lot of pictures, and even though you are only viewing a fraction of them, forgive me for posting so many. Pictures really do tell a lot.

My niece Taylor and I.
Girls Night Out with the cousins.
Having fun at Chuck E. Cheese's
Look at those monkeys!
Dallin and my niece Morgan at the zoo.On the zoo train.Our good friends the Coombs' boys and my photogenic children. Jaren hanging with the Nelson cousins.The Treehouse Children's Museum. Awesome isn't it. More Treehouse photos.
A photo of the music room I lifted off the website.
Jaren in the Oval Office. Future president in the works?Dallin and I with one foot in Montana. Symbolic perhaps?

3 comments:

Park Family said...

Taylor really had fun with you guys even though the picture is not a happy one! It was good to see you last weekend. The only sad thing is that I didn't get to hang out very long with you guys!

Unknown said...

Thanks so much for making time for a visit at our place. You really helped me through a rough time. I can't thank you enough for the words of wisdom and the sisterhood I felt.

I love ya man!

The Coombs' said...

It was great to see you! Utah definately IS the place!