
Last night, Jaren and I had some one-on-one time. We were really just going on a simple errand, but he and I had a special and sweet moment. It all began when Jaren noticed the stars in the sky. The following conversation ensued:
Jaren: "Look Mom, there's Jesus' star."
Me: "Oooh, wow!"
Jaren: "Jesus is coming to our house tonight Mom."
Me: "Is he now? Hmm, I don't think Jesus will be coming to our house today Jaren."
Jaren: "Mom, it's night time."
Me: "Oh sorry, I mean tonight. He probably won't come to our house but his spirit can be in our home."
Jaren: "But he is coming to our house tonight. Does Jesus live in the temple?"
Me: "Yes, it is his house."
Jaren: "Was Jesus at your temple when you got married to Daddy?"
Me: "Well, I didn't see Him, but His spirit was there."
Jaren: "I want to go to the temple Mom. Can we go there tonight?"
Me: "I would love to take you there right now, but we can't. Maybe we can go together as a family and walk around the temple."
Jaren: "I want to go inside the temple."
Me: "Well, you're not old enough to go yet. When you're old enough and worthy, you can go. And one day, when you find a nice girl to marry, you can marry her in the temple."
Jaren: "But I want to marry you in the temple Mommy."
Me: "Oh, that's very sweet Jaren, but Daddy found Mommy and married her in the temple. You need to find your own wife."
Jaren starting to get a little upset and crying: "But I love you Mommy, you found me. I want to marry you in the temple."
At this point, I'm flattered and happy that I have such a sweet sensitive little boy. I'm not sure how to proceed as he is very insistent on marrying me and he is obviously a little upset about it all. So, I tried to explain that Daddy didn't marry his mommy, and Mommy didn't marry her daddy. That seemed to work. Come to think of it, I think I dreamed of marrying my dad when I was younger too!
2 comments:
Oh that's so sweet and tender! I love the way childrens' brains work. So cute and innocent!
That is such a sweet conversation. I love it!
Post a Comment