Sunday, November 28, 2010
Thanksgiving 2010...
Another year on our own. Sigh. We live too far away and in the middle of bad weather country that we decided to stay home for Thanksgiving this year. This may be our only Thanksgiving in our home and since it was just ourselves, we planned a very low-key meal. If I had my way, I would have had more food, but in the spirit of simplicity and not packing or eating too many leftovers, we kept it simple.
When I was growing up, my family had a tradition of going around the table and sharing something we were thankful for. I thought George and I had done this before, but it was unfamiliar to George as he had never done that growing up in his home. So we decided to start this as a tradition in our home. Here is what our children are thankful for:
Jaren: I'm thankful for birthday presents. (Obviously, his birthday was fresh on the brain!)
Dallin: I'm thankful for trick-or-treating. (Self-explanatory!)
Haydn: If he could speak, I'm sure he would say he's thankful for his angel mother!
round 2:
Jaren: Oh yeah, I'm thankful for my family.
Dallin: I'm thankful for my daddy.
Haydn: He was thankful for his food as he was chowing down on some turkey!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Of course Haydn was happy for his mom!! Love the pic BTW. So festive, and I love the banner!
Post a Comment