So, I'm a big fat liar. I meant to blog before the very next day after my last blog post. What can I say? One stays super busy when parenting three kids alone. As for waiting so long to blog again, we've been home almost a full week and adjusting our lives to living as a family again. It's a process, but we're navigating through it just fine.
So, the Chapman family has been busy. Let's start with George's birthday. He was able to come home Memorial Day weekend, but he had to leave on Sunday, the day before his birthday and Memorial Day. It was a bummer, but we tried to do fun things while he was home and have a birthday party all weekend. I picked him up Thursday morning and took him directly to Jaren's school so that he could eat lunch with Jaren one last time before school ended. Later in the day, we watched Jaren's last soccer game. The next few days we did as much as we could as a family doing things like bowling and watching movies at the theater. George gave the boys their official bowling names and they love them. We each have our own bowling names: George-Jorge, Erin-Juanita, Jaren-Escobar, and Dallin-Tiago. Haydn will receive his official name when he's old enough to bowl!
On Sunday, we went to church. Several people thought George was home for good and prematurely welcomed him back into the ward, which was no big deal except for the very next week, we were getting calls for the missionary calendar and cleaning the church. After church, we had George's favorite dinner-plain old tacos. We then ate some yummy chocolate cake. I think I found my chocolate frosting recipe. I even received a compliment from the birthday boy, which is a big deal! We then quickly packed up the car and drove to Denver to say goodbye for another ten days. We did our best to make him feel special and I hope he did! If anything, it was good to be together again. We both get grouchy when we spend too much time apart.

1 comment:
You packed so much stuff in such a short amount of time. I'm so glad you guys are a family again! You guys are AWESOME!! So, this might sound dumb, but hey I love you a lot; I got a little teary while reading this because I know how hard it was for you & the boys to be apart for so long. I'm glad that you've been able to do so many fun things together again!
OH! And the bowling names are PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post a Comment