Sunday, December 09, 2007

I've Been Tagged

OH! I've been tagged--thanks to Emily. I've never been tagged before, so this is new for me. I think it's a great idea though, sharing interesting things about one another. Hmmm, what six interesting/crazy things will I share? Why six? I don't know. That's just how many I was challenged to share. So here it goes:

1. When I was a little girl, I wanted to be a boy so badly that I would pee standing up and run around with my shirt off, just like my brothers. My escapade ended when I slipped and fell in the toilet while attempting to pee while standing on the toilet seat. Not my proudest moment, but laughable nonetheless.
2. I once had a stalker. I told a guy that a lot of girls (myself included) thought he was stalker scary and rather than be offended, he said he was more attracted to me because I was the first girl "brave enough" to tell him the truth and that was "admirable". After a summer with no contact with said stalker, I showed up to my new college apartment to find him waiting for me. I still have no idea how he found my apartment before I moved in. After telling him that I was not his girlfriend and that I would never marry him, he finally gave up and found someone else to bother. For those who know me well, I am not a mean person, but I had to be really upfront with this guy because he was kind of...well, psycho.
3. My parents were going to name me Tracy Lynn before I was born. Luckily, they changed their minds, otherwise my name would be Tracy Chapman.
4. I don't mean to brag, but I was a pretty darn good runner in high school. :) Even though I was good, I used to get so nervous about racing that I would wish that I would sprain an ankle or get sick before a race. Unfortunately, or fortunately, depending on how you look at it, it never happened.
5. Before I met my husband George, I was saving all my money to go on a trip to Europe with one of my best friend's from high school. A few months before my summer trip, George swept me off my feet and asked me to marry him. We decided to get married before the end of the summer and my trip to Europe was postponed indefinitely.
6. I have always wanted to be a mommy and I'm so happy that I am, but there is still part of me fighting to have an identity beyond motherhood. I'd like to go back to school and get my master's, learn to paint, write a book, be an amateur photographer, backpack through Europe, run competitively again (perhaps a marathon), buy an expensive pair of shoes, and so many other things.

Okay, so now I tag Lauren, Nikki, George, and Steve. Just share six things about yourself on your blog that may not be widely known. This is just for fun, so no obligations. But sharing is good! Have fun!

2 comments:

The Coombs' said...

That was so awesome! I was really laughing out loud! Thanks for doing it, you're the only one that has so far!

Nikki said...

HAHAHA!!! I tried to pee standing up too. And my mom wouldn't let me run around with my shirt off. I tried. Creepy about the stalker. I've had a couple that were twice my age.