Also, we finally feel that it is safe to say, "The third time is the charm." After two back-to-back miscarriages, I found out I carry a blood-clotting gene, which is most likely the cause of our previous losses. I have been seeing a high-risk doctor and giving myself shots of blood thinner twice a day and so far, everything is going very well. I am 13 weeks along and we've heard the baby's heartbeat and seen a beautiful baby on ultrasound. Naturally, we did not want to share our good news until we felt we were out of the danger zone. The due date is July 12, but the baby may come sooner than that because I can be induced up to two weeks prior.
Oh, and another big change: I will be trading in my SUV keys for a minivan's. I feel like I am giving up a lot, but perhaps I will be gaining more with a minivan. The good far outweighs the bad, but I can't get over how uncool I will feel driving a minivan. Lame, I know. So, since I am going to drive a minivan, we purchased one of the best, a Honda Odyssey. We bought it this last weekend, so I haven't been able to drive it much. It's a 2006 Odyssey, silver with gray leather interior and a DVD player. What's not to love, right? I'm sure I'll love it.
And since change is the topic of this post, I'd like to make some changes this year.
- Make exercise more important in my life this year
- Spend more time teaching and playing with my children
- Advance my cooking skills
- Walk Eddie more often
- Do better at reading scriptures daily
- Live more in tune with the Spirit
- Practice charity
2 comments:
YAY! Congrats Erin. I'm so glad that you figured out what was wrong and how to fix it. And wow, a minivan! You are braver than me...I still can't bring myself to do it. I hope you are feeling well, and staying warm up there. Post some pictures of the new car. And I loved your Christmas card!
I like your christmas card. Let me just say for the record that SUVs are for chumps. Real moms drive minivans. Everything you can want in a car. The perfect blend of comfort and utility. We have hauled full size couches, pianos and a queen size bed in our minivan. You will love it.
Bryce
Post a Comment