Thursday, February 12, 2009

Yeah! Now What?


So, we sold our house yesterday. YEAH! After all the excitement of yesterday though, today was a bit of a surprise. We were planning on closing at the end of the month and renting to the buyer until we had moved, whenever we moved, which depended upon finding a home in Cheyenne, otherwise we'd move at the end of April. Well, we found out today that the buyer wanted to rent our house to us for $1400/month. That's more than double what are current mortgage is plus our housing allowance does not cover that. So George and I decided (cheapos that we are) to close on March 13 and evacuate immediately. So, if we don't find a home in Cheyenne next week or are able to close in a timely manner, we are going to be homeless! I'm kind of stressing right now. I knew the first few months of this year were going to be tough, but sometimes, I just don't want to deal with any of it anymore. I can't wait for all of this to be done with and be settled in our new home getting ready for our new baby.

5 comments:

Park Family said...

Congrats! Hopefully you guys get a house in Cheyenne soon so you won't be homeless. You are welcome to come live in Seattle however that would be a horrible commute for George!

Tubbs Family said...

Congrats! We are putting our house on the market on Monday. Our improvments have also been extensive, but we're not done!! Anyway, I hope it all works out for you guys. What is the new assignment? And congrats on the new one comming soon!

The Coombs' said...

Wow, you've sold a car and a house in one month! I really hope everything works out. When are you planning on being in Wyoming?

Nikki said...

We are finally venturing down that scary road of home ownership. I am scared to death of such a big committment. We also need to buy a new vehicle. I might have to call you for all kinds of home buying advice!

The Chapman's said...

Oops, didn't see some of these comments from a while back. We will be moving to Wyoming at the end of April. Looks like my boys are going to grow up surrounded by cowboys!