Jaren, Jaren! You are one cute kid. You wake up happy every morning and come to my bed with a big smile on your face. You are such a good older brother even though you torment Dallin sometimes. Most of the time, you are very quick to apologize when you've done something wrong (a very good quality to have). You've become a very good helper, letting Eddie out to go potty, helping me cook meals and cleaning up messes when I ask you to. I love how excited you are to go to church and school to learn. I love that you stay in your bed now and eat all of your food at mealtimes. I love how you try to imitate Dallin when he is making mommy and daddy laugh. I love how sweet you can be when I'm having a hard day. You're a special sweet boy! And one day, I will long for the days when you were climbing and jumping off our furniture, throwing Eddie's toys on the roof, kicking soccer balls in the house and dropping toys down the stairs.
Dallin! What can I say? You're cute and you know it. I see you working your mommy with your mischievous, adorable smile. When I catch you eating Eddie's dog food again and again, you smile and squint your eyes while trying to hide the evidence in your tightly closed fists. When you bring me a half-eaten stale cookie that I had just thrown in the garbage, I can't help but laugh that my child will eat food from the floor and garbage and not his own plate. You are so adorable when you sneak out of bed and when I catch you, you exclaim "Mommy!" in the happiest little voice you can muster. I love how you fall asleep at the table if we have missed your nap for the day. I love pretending with you that dinosaurs are going to eat us when I'm putting you down for naps. I love that you get so excited at times that you clench your teeth and fists and your body shakes. I love watching you play and laugh with your brothers. It's music to my ears. You can cause a lot of trouble at times, but you make up for it with your happy demeanor and smiles.
To my boys, I LOVE being your mother!
2 comments:
Ok. You just made me cry. I love your boys and how sweet they are. And I especially love what a great mom you are to them. I have always looked up to you as my older sis, and in reading this post there is no exception! I hope that I'm as good of a mom to my girls as you are to your boys.
P.S. I can't wait to see them tomorrow!!!!!!!!!!! Auntie Lauren is COMING! YAY!
Oh man, it sure is hard to remember that stuff isn't it!? I've been trying hard to do that too so I don't kill them! HA, motherhood!
Post a Comment