I have been horrible at keeping up with the blog lately. I just haven't had much of a break or been able to produce intelligent writing lately. Updating my profile on Facebook has been so much easier than writing a blog entry. Sorry about that. A few notable things have happened. But first, let me share this quote by President Henry B. Eyring:
My point is to urge you to find ways to recognize and remember God’s kindness. It will build our testimonies. You may not keep a journal. You may not share whatever record you keep with those you love and serve. But you and they will be blessed as you remember what the Lord has done. ”
The other day, I decided that I wanted to get out of the house. The kids have been sick with colds for a while and I had just gotten the "ok" from the Dr. to venture out and be around other people again. There was a playgroup meeting at the church and I also had some obligations to visit teach with some of the gals at the group. It had snowed the day before and had continued through the night and some in the morning. I couldn’t see much outside because of the way the wind blows the snow on all of our windows. That should have been my first clue. When I let Eddie outside to relieve himself, I noticed the snow drifts along our back fence were almost as tall as the fence, and in other parts of the yard I could see grass. That should’ve been my second clue.
So, I dressed the kids, warmed up the car, swept the snow off with a broom, then scraped the ice off, shoveled a path to the car and went back inside the house to get the kids. During this time, my hair had frozen into icicles. By this time, after all the work I had done to get to the playgroup, I was determined to go. I loaded the kids in and pulled out of the driveway. It didn’t look so bad on the roads, though visibility was poor due to the snow blowing everywhere. I made it to the end of the road to turn right, but…I drove the car right into a snowdrift, which wasn’t off to the side of the road but instead was right in my lane. Feeling a bit shocked and foolish at this point, I step out of the car to access the situation. I definitely needed to shovel my way out, but I didn’t want to run back to my house to get the snow shovel with the blowing snow, snow drifts and icy roads, and leave my car with all my kids in it. I went back into the car and decided to say a prayer because I needed help. After I finished praying, I looked in my rearview mirror and something caught my eye. It was a truck. In all my time outside shoveling and stuck in the snow, I hadn’t seen one car at all and then all of the sudden one was there right after my prayer. Out of the truck stepped three large men and they had snow shovels. Coincidence? I think not.
Okay, so it wasn’t the 3 Nephites. They were my neighbors, but I definitely believe that these men were an answer to my prayer. As foolish and stubborn as I was to venture out into very bad driving conditions, Heavenly Father inspired three men to get in their truck to get milk at the grocery store at that very moment. Why did three men have to go to the store to get milk and why did they have snow shovels with them? Well, they must be used to these weather conditions and must have known that they might need to use the shovels. But, they probably didn’t realize that they’d have to use it on some Wyoming weather rookie a few hundred feet away from their homes. I’m just grateful that Heavenly Father answers prayers even when we’re being a little reckless and stubborn.
2 comments:
You are so cute to me! Your mind thinks of the 3 Nephites after you prayed for help and saw those men coming. Just shows how much faith you have!
Wow. I have chills. The Lord indeed answers prayers. I'm so glad you were rescued and didn't have to leave your sweet babies in the car alone. :)
Post a Comment