Monday, December 07, 2009
Five-Year Old in the House!
Jaren turned five years old a few weeks ago. We had a birthday party for him and he had so much fun. We've never really had a party for him before, so having his friends come over, playing musical chairs, a ring toss game, eating cake and opening presents was heaven to him. His cake is a repeat of last year's, but I was running short on time and creativity. I did however make homemade garland (forgot to get a picture of it), a homemade birthday banner (visible in the upper right picture), party favors and other decorations.
Okay, funny story, if you notice in the cake photo there are some misplaced candies. I didn't notice them until I was posting these photos. I have a feeling those misplaced starburst have something to do with our do-whatever-I-want 2-year old. During Jaren's party, Dallin was sitting at the table eating starbust like there was no tomorrow. I stopped him several times and dragged him away from the table more than once. A few hours after the party, we went out to eat for Jaren's birthday dinner. Dallin didn't touch his food at all. I figured he had had too much candy and maybe his tummy hurt a bit. Boy, was I right! About 11:30 p.m., those starburst decorated his entire bed. Poor kid! I'll have to keep a closer eye on him next time!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Happy Birthday Jaren! He's getting so big! And that story is so funny about Dallin! That sounds like something Zac would do. Oh, and your blog looks SO CUTE! Mine needs a facelift too.
I'm glad that Jaren got to have his friends over for his birthday. That always makes it a little more special and fun!
Dallin. . .we love you!
Post a Comment