Tuesday, June 15, 2010

APRIL

The month of April went by in a blur! I had to consult the calendar  and my digital camera to remember what we were actually up to.  I have mixed feelings about the month of April in Wyoming.  Growing up in Washington state, the trees are blooming, the grass is green and the weather is pleasantly warm by March and April it's usually perfect.  The climate here is fickle.  It can't make up it's mind--to spring or not to spring? One minute it's as if spring has finally arrived only to have hopes dashed a day later with a two-foot snow storm. Unfortunately, Jaren's spring soccer season began in April.  So, there were many cold, windy soccer practices and games and even a few cancelled soccer practices and games.

April was also a big month for us! Not only did it mark one year since we moved to Wyoming, but Dallin also turned 3 years old!  We were actually in Utah for Dallin's birthday which was perfect because we have cousins and aunts and uncles there.  It was nice to be able to spend his birthday with family.  We were pleasantly surprised to see Uncle Dave and Aunt Lasah from Texas.  They were in Utah for a friend's wedding and the timing couldn't have been better.  Dallin's birthday party was a huge success!  We went to a jumping place mid-morning and let the kids play for a couple of hours.  Then we went back to my sister's house for pizza and cake.  After that, we went to go see How to Train Your Dragon.  Dallin was such a happy little 3-year old!

We had a lot of fun on our trip and were able to visit with the Wheeler's, Nelson's, Dave and Lasah, Caitlyn, and the Coomb's family. Every time I visit Utah I am reminded how much I really do love it.  My experiences living in Provo tainted my appreciation of Utah, but it really is a beautiful state and there are a lot of fun things to do for families. We stayed at a resort in Eden, Utah and there is a reason it is named thus! I could live in a valley nestled in between mountains and surrounded by nature and water. It was paradise!  On our way home, we talked about the possibilities, but unless George separates from the Air Force, the chances of our family moving to Utah are slim to none. Boo hoo.

So here are a few pictures from our trip, including Dallin's birthday and one of my versions of paradise. 

I lifted this photo from somebody else's blog, but it really was this beautiful.  I just didn't think to take any photos.

Had to get a picture of the sisters, especially since Lauren is sporting some horns!  (Don't kill me sis! Moohahaha!)
And one with Jenae who drove over an hour to come to Dallin's party. Oh look, the horns are gone! :)


The pictures aren't very good. We went to a jumping place and it was dark and I didn't get the photos taken fast enough. 

Ta da!  The birthday cake.  It was so incredibly busy that I stayed up until 2 am the night before to decorate the cake.  And then I was too tired to make rails for the tracks.  I used a marshmallow fondant recipe that my sister shared with me.  It was super easy and very good (not at all like store bought fondant-yuck!).

1 comment:

Shawn & Lauren said...

It was great to celebrate Dallin's b-day with you guys...again!! We should consider making this a tradition. LOL You know when Dallin was here last week he was still talking about his Thomas cake! LOVE IT!!

p.s. don't worry about the pic with the horns, it's hilarious and I totally want a copy!