Last Sunday, we said goodbye to the last of our family as they headed home back to Washington. It was so great to see everyone and visit during the family reunion. We don't get to visit with them often enough due to the locations of where we have lived. I have to admit though, after every one was gone, I breathed a huge sigh of relief. I have really enjoyed slowing down this week. We have been so busy over the last several months, it was nice to just relax, not leave the house, go a day or two without showering, go swimming, and not have anything pressing hanging over our heads.
We did have a few eventful things this week however. After a nice long break from work, George officially began his job. He really hasn't worked since the 18th of May, which I believe is the longest I've had him around since probably our college days. It was great! Having him go back to work has been a transition for both of us. Now that we are mostly settled in, no upcoming events are happening in the near future, and George is back to work, I am trying to do fun things with the kids. After swimming with the ward playgroup, exploring the local library, I kind of slowed down and stayed home for the next few days, which is also nice. We had a huge downpour on Friday and I was hoping we'd see a flash flood or lots of lightning, but all we saw was a rainbow. Sigh. Actually, the rainbow was really cool and the kids were so excited about it!
 |
| After visiting the library. I love this picture! |
 |
| It took a while, but he finally lost his 3rd tooth! |
 |
| One of the better pictures while playing with my new camera (no Photoshop)! |
So, this week Jaren lost a tooth, Dallin is about to lose a tooth, we had smores for the first time with our boys (pathetic I know, since we lived in prime camping areas for 8 1/2 years), and Haydn began potty training, rather successfully with only minimal accidents. Oh, and I finally learned how to use my Canon Rebel DSLR camera. I don't know why it took me that long to figure it out. It's the perfectionist in me, I guess. I pulled it out of the box after Christmas, played with it a bit, decided to read the owners manual and a bunch of photography blogs before I played with it again, and then we got busy. So, I skipped all of that, pushed a bunch of buttons and turned knobs until I could take a basic picture. That's where I'm at, but the camera takes pictures like a dream! I need to figure out how to really use it still, but I'm having fun taking lots of pictures of the boys. I'd really like to have it figured out when baby girl joins our family. We are less than 8 weeks away and I really can't wait!
1 comment:
FINALLY! I have been searching and searching to figure out if it's a girl! HOORAY!!!! YEAH!!!! Do you have a name picked out?
Post a Comment