Well, it's official... George is now a captain. The long-awaited promotion (pay-raise) was on Friday, May 11. We had lots of family come into town for the promotion and also for blessing Dallin in church. We had family come from five different states to be there for two important events in our lives. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful family. Everything went really well. It was of course a little stressful since Dallin was only 2 1/2 weeks old when everyone arrived. The lack of sleep and nursing 24/7 didn't help being a good hostess, but what can a person do? The promotion went well and we had good food afterwards. George and his mom teamed up to provide a really good meal on Saturday. George makes really, really, I mean really good steak. And his mom made yummy German potato salad and her famous cheesecake. I am still drooling thinking about all of the good food we had. Anyway, back on track...we blessed Dallin on Mother's day, which is kind of special. The only person we were missing for the blessing was Albert, otherwise, all of Dallin's male priesthood bearing relatives were present. It was wonderful to see everyone, but I am glad that life has slowed down and our house is quiet.
Wednesday, May 16, 2007
Captain Chapman
Well, it's official... George is now a captain. The long-awaited promotion (pay-raise) was on Friday, May 11. We had lots of family come into town for the promotion and also for blessing Dallin in church. We had family come from five different states to be there for two important events in our lives. We are very lucky to have such a wonderful family. Everything went really well. It was of course a little stressful since Dallin was only 2 1/2 weeks old when everyone arrived. The lack of sleep and nursing 24/7 didn't help being a good hostess, but what can a person do? The promotion went well and we had good food afterwards. George and his mom teamed up to provide a really good meal on Saturday. George makes really, really, I mean really good steak. And his mom made yummy German potato salad and her famous cheesecake. I am still drooling thinking about all of the good food we had. Anyway, back on track...we blessed Dallin on Mother's day, which is kind of special. The only person we were missing for the blessing was Albert, otherwise, all of Dallin's male priesthood bearing relatives were present. It was wonderful to see everyone, but I am glad that life has slowed down and our house is quiet.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
George & Erin, the pictures look great. I'm glad Bekki and I were able to come the blessing. Dallin is one good looking kid. He looks more like a Park, so he must be good looking.
And congrats to George on his promotion. We're all proud of you even if you are a chump.
Post a Comment