Friday, August 17, 2007

The Produce Section


The other day, Dallin, Jaren and I were shopping in the commissary and I decided to let Jaren be a free man (he promised to be a good boy). Usually, I push him in the cart, a stroller, or use a monkey harness because it's just too darn hard to keep him from running off, touching things, and running in front of other people's carts. So, we were in the produce section and Jaren was just thrilled to see all of his favorite fruit. He saw the strawberries first and exclaimed "Mom, mom, stwaberries!". He then picked it up and put it in our basket. I was okay with this because strawberries were on sale and I like them. So, I kept shopping. I picked up some grapes and said "Look Jaren, grapes!", to grab his attention and keep him from touching all the produce. We put it in the cart together. I continued on grabbing cucumbers, tomatoes and onions. Then, when my back was turned, I heard Jaren exclaim, "Mmm, apples." Before I knew it, he had picked out a red bell pepper and taken a bite out of it. After a moment, he scrunched up his face, spit it out, and said "Uugh, yucky apple." I couldn't help but laugh, even though I was a bit annoyed that I'd have to buy it. At least he is eating his vegetables!

4 comments:

Shawn & Lauren said...

I can totally see it happening in my mind's eye! That's hilarious! I just love that boy. Never a dull moment! "yucky apple" LOL

Nikki said...

That is so funny! What a cutie. Hey, we have a monkey harness too. Actually we have three monkey harnesses and one puppy harness.

Unknown said...

That's adorable. I can't believe he actually took a bite!

Steve Park said...

"YUCKY APPLE!" LOL. That kid kills me!