Sunday, October 07, 2007

Success Story

I am a social butterfly...almost.



So, a bit of advice was given to me to help me with my socializing skills: Just ask people about themselves in socially awkward situations, because most people LOVE to talk to themselves. So I followed this advice recently, and voila, I had a great conversation with someone. Although, the conversation was mostly one-sided (this girl liked to talk more than me!), I had a great time getting to know her better. I just wanted to share that socially stunted people can make friends! Oh, and if anyone has any advice in the social department, I could sure use it. Have a great day!

2 comments:

Shawn & Lauren said...

Way to go Heimlich! You truly are a "bootiful butta-fly!" (get it? From a Bug's Life;) I was given that advice long ago too, and it's so true! Only problem is, I like to talk about myself too!

The Coombs' said...

Erin, I think you will find that MOST people like to talk about themselves more than you do! You are quiet by nature and there is nothing wrong with that!!