Sunday, October 28, 2007
Backseat Driver
Well, it's official. Jaren is a backseat driver. I thought this wouldn't happen until he is 25 when he starts driving, but no such luck. Whenever I am driving the kids around, Jaren likes to tell me which way to go, "This way mom". I indulge him and ask "This way Jaren?" to which he replies "Yes mom" or "No, no, no". If the answer is no, I try to explain to him why I am heading a certain direction. Of course he is not interested in my explanation and persists in telling me to head the opposite direction I intend to go. I ignore him. He continues, "No, this way". I ignore him again. He then proceeds to throw a gargantuan fit. Finally after several grueling minutes I calmly turn around and say "I am the driver Jaren, and I go which way I want to go". I then proceed to drive "my way".
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Jaren I am your ultimate fan! Kid you crack me up. No matter what you do I just can't get enough!
That is so funny, Gabe does the same thing..telling which way to go. He also has learned which color light means which color, so he'll say "Green means GO!" like the second it turns green.
Post a Comment