Monday, April 21, 2008

Bizarre Weather


Jaren waist deep in the snow.

His poor bike nearly buried.

And George's car nearly buried as well.

Jaren and George shoveling the driveway.

I did not believe George Thursday last week when he told me he had heard we would have the worst snowfall of the year this last weekend. When we woke up Saturday morning, we both scoffed at the weatherman because it had not snowed yet. Sure, it was cold, but snow...nah. We were going to luck out and just get the cold weather. Since we are both training to run a half-marathon in June, I was going to run 10 miles outside after breakfast Saturday morning. George encouraged me to run at the fitness center, so after contemplating running in the cold and running in the warm indoors, I followed his advice. I am so glad I did. When I finished my workout, it was freezing and the snow was coming down fast and blowing everywhere. It then continued to snow until Sunday morning. These pictures are of George and Jaren as they are trying to clear a path for us to drive to church. All of our meetings at church were cancelled except for sacrament and even then, the ward was about 1/3 the size it normally is and that it saying quite a bit! For a native Washingtonian, this is so bizarre!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: