Saturday, May 03, 2008
Our Carnivorous Snowman
I'm a little behind and should have posted this photo last week. It was taken on April 24. The snow was beginning to melt from the big snow storm we had a few days before and Jaren was very persistent that we build a snowman. So, he and I rolled up some snow at 7:00 o'clock at night, placed a few rocks and a carrot here and there and wallah...we had ourselves a snowman...almost. We couldn't figure out what to do for his mouth, so I thought it would be a good idea to grab some food coloring. I carved out a little space for the mouth so the food coloring would be contained and this is the result. I should've taken pictures the next day. It was awful! Frosty had dribbled all over his front. It really looked like he had eaten one of the squirrels that like to frequent our yard and forgotten to wipe his face and chest. I was helping out a friend the next day and when she came in, she said "Cute snowman". I was like "Oh yeah, thanks. Jaren and I made it yesterday", not knowing how rabid Frosty then appeared. Maybe next year (I'm praying it won't snow again this spring) we'll do something different about that mouth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment