Today, The Today Show, featured Malmstrom AFB's mission and airman as part of their "Access Granted" series. This is the first time ever that the media, let alone national media, has been able to broadcast live from a Launch Control Center (LCC). It was really cool to call my mom and sister and tell them to watch Al Roker as he entered "the first ace in the hole", as referred by President Kennedy. Whenever people had asked me what George did for his job, I tried to refer them to war movies, where there are two men or women who turn a key, ready to launch nuclear missiles at the President's command. I don't think anyone truly understood what he did or what his job was like. This segment on The Today Show, I thought, did a good job of showcasing the life and mission of a missileer. If you missed the show, you can check it out at NBC here. There's another video about the history of ICBM missiles that is also interesting. Check it out!!Tuesday, May 06, 2008
In Case Ya'll Missed It
Today, The Today Show, featured Malmstrom AFB's mission and airman as part of their "Access Granted" series. This is the first time ever that the media, let alone national media, has been able to broadcast live from a Launch Control Center (LCC). It was really cool to call my mom and sister and tell them to watch Al Roker as he entered "the first ace in the hole", as referred by President Kennedy. Whenever people had asked me what George did for his job, I tried to refer them to war movies, where there are two men or women who turn a key, ready to launch nuclear missiles at the President's command. I don't think anyone truly understood what he did or what his job was like. This segment on The Today Show, I thought, did a good job of showcasing the life and mission of a missileer. If you missed the show, you can check it out at NBC here. There's another video about the history of ICBM missiles that is also interesting. Check it out!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I haven't looked at the video yet, but I will. I pretty much know what it's like ;0) It really is hard to explain though, that is cool they did that show!
Post a Comment