Tuesday, September 02, 2008

Snow in September

Okay, so it really didn't snow here, but it did snow this weekend in Montana. What a way to start September, huh? This weekend, my parents drove up and spent Labor Day weekend with us. We've been telling our family for a long time that this is our last summer here, so if they want to see Glacier and Yellowstone, this is the time to do it. So, my parents came at the end of the summer, literally. When they showed up, we were enjoying 85 degree weather. When they left, they drove home through 8 inches of snow on the pass. Luckily, we were able to go to Glacier before it snowed. It was short-lived but we were able to drive on Going-to-the-Sun road. It really is as beautiful as I've heard it was. The only regret about this weekend was that my dad was not able to take Jaren fishing for the first time. The weather and a few other things conspired against us preventing us from enjoying the weekend to the fullest. But, we had a great time and as usual, Jaren and Eddie were the most bummed when my parents drove away.

So now that I've caught you up with the weekend, let me fill you in on a few other recent developments. Dallin finished his treatment of cranial molding two days ago. He wore his helmet for four months and it has made a lot of difference. The only unfortunate consequence of wearing a helmet for that long is that Dallin is so used to it being there, he is constantly getting bumps, scratches and bruises all over his head. In fact, this evening he fell down the stairs. I always thought that if he fell down the stairs it wouldn't be so bad because he was wearing a helmet. Well, wouldn't you know it, he never did fall down the stairs until tonight.

Jaren started preschool today. He was so excited to start and hopefully still is excited about preschool. Unfortunately, when George picked him up today he said he had been a bad boy and was hurt in his eye. I hope that doesn't mean he got into a fight with another kid, but I'm thinking he did. He's a small kid but he also stands his ground. He's been known to "stand up" for himself at church when other kids have tried to take away his toys. We'll have to work on some of that behavior.

Finally, some sad news for George and I. Last week, George and I found out that I would be having another miscarriage. We didn't announce that we were pregnant again because it was so soon after my first miscarriage (I miscarried June 19 and was 1o weeks pregnant on Sunday-can you do the math?). I began miscarrying yesterday, so we're off to a really great start in September aren't we? Well, to be honest, even though having two miscarriages in a row really isn't that great, I feel comforted in knowing that Heavenly Father has a plan for George and I. I have been humbled several times recently and though some might doubt Heavenly Father's love for me in having me suffer through these, I have felt sustained in my trials and have grown closer to Him as I pray more fervently than I would have if I didn't have trials. I guess I'm one of those people who need a reminder every now and then to keep me humble and prayerful. Anyway, I just wanted to share a few things and let you know that we are doing fine. Life is still good and everything will work out just the way it's supposed to.

Oh and on another side note, George is leaving next week for six weeks. Anyone feel like visiting?

2 comments:

The Coombs' said...

Oh, man, I'm so bummed about your miscarriage...again! I'm so sorry that you have to go through that. Hey I sure am glad that I didn't have to see snow this weekend, but it did rain a lot here.

Unknown said...

Oh man, it sucks that we didn't make it out there this year. I also had a miscarriage in the end of July. I actually called to tell you about it, but I just got your voicemail. You have a lot of faith though. I know what you mean about it really forcing you to become more dependent upon the Lord. I too must need the reminder! ;)