Thursday, May 14, 2009

Dallin Turned 2! An Interview with the Incredible Youngster

I sat down recently with this young amazing two-year old and asked him a few questions about turning two, his best memories during his short lifetime, and some of his favorite things.

Me: Dallin, what did you like most about your birthday? Seeing your daddy after a long absence, being with your cousins, opening presents and eating cake, having two birthday parties, or going to Chuck E. Cheese’s?

Dallin: “Daddy!” (He exclaimed this emphatically while jumping up and down!)

Me: That’s wonderful! You’re dad will love that answer! So, what’s it like being two-years old? Is it better than being one?

Dallin: 2!

Me: So, being 2 is twice as much fun as being 1?

Dallin: Yeah!

Me: I hear ya there buddy! But, you must admit you did have a lot of fun as a one-year old? You were able to see all of your extended family, fly on an airplane, learn to crawl, walk, climb and run, swim with your friends at the pool, visit Yellowstone and Glacier National Parks, go to the zoo for the first time, really trick-or-treat for the first time, and spend Christmas at your grandparents’ house. Not to mention, you have someone to cater to your every need and push you around in a stroller when you want to go somewhere.

Dallin: Yeah.

Me: So, tell me some of your favorite things. I have it on good word that some of your favorite foods are strawberries, watermelon, apples, cheese, fruit snacks, chocolate, yogurt, pancakes, and doces (candy). Sounds like you have a little bit of sweet tooth, huh?

Dallin: No.

Me: Hmm. Well, I hear you love to read. Is that true?

Dallin: Word World.

Me: Oh, you like to watch Word World? Is that helping you learn to read?

He doesn’t answer. He just looks away and giggles.

Me: Do you want to watch Word World?

Dallin: Yeahhhhhhhh!

Me: Okay, well I suppose my time is up with you! Let’s just sum up a few things, shall we? So basically, you are like many two-year old boys? You like trains, planes, and cars; you love to build blocks; you love to play outside; you love animals; you love your family; you love long walks; you love bath time. What makes you so amazing and unique?

His attention span gone, he just points to his cheek. I suppose he means that he’s amazing and unique because there is only one Dallin in the world who can melt my heart when he says “Mommy”, only one Dallin who is the best cuddler in the world, only one Dallin who makes me laugh when I should be upset, and only one Dallin who amazes me with the things he says and does every day. This next year should be a fun one for all of us!

2 comments:

Tubbs Family said...

That was way cute! Good job, reporter Mom!

Unknown said...

Yes good job! Add "journalist" to your job description. :) This was way creative and cute. I love that boy!