So, last week we were planning on moving out of the TLF (temporary living facility) on base and move into an unfurnished apartment or condo. The reason for the move was essentially because we're cheap and we were trying to save as much money as possible so that we can finish our backyard and/or our basement after we close on our house. But, the condo we had lined up fell through and all the other rentals I called about want a 6-month lease at a minimum. So, we have decided to remain at the TLF, which is better for us anyway since there is furniture, cookware, etc. Plus, I'm 7 1/2 months pregnant and sleeping on an air mattress can be a little uncomfortable. So, instead of saving hundreds of dollars on our housing allowance, we'll save only about $70.
I haven't been able to post any photos because the laptop does not have a memory stick reader like our other computer, and the internet connection is horrible, so uploading would be a nightmare. I have so many photos of the kids, Dallin's birthday, and our house as it's being built. I wish I could share them, but it will have to wait.
On another note, my sister had a baby girl today. Sadie Sophia is her name and I have yet to see any pictures. She was born with the cord wrapped around her neck so my sister didn't even get to hold her baby until about 4 hours after she was born. She was taken to the NICU right after birth but she is doing good now. I can't wait to see her.
No comments:
Post a Comment