Thursday, June 04, 2009

Countdown

To put things in perspective, here is a timeline of what our lives have been like and will be in the near distant future.

  • 6 months we've been without our dog, Eddie
  • 1 month our house was on the market
  • 1 month to ready the house, pack our family and find temporary living situations until George could leave MT
  • 1 month we were separated (Erin and boys in WA, George in MT)
  • 3 months homeless (bouncing around from MT, WA, UT and WY)
  • 47 days in temporary living facility on base
  • 8 days until we close and move into our new home
  • 1 month (more or less) until baby boy Chapman arrives

We are very excited to be nearing the end of this looooong transition. I have been pregnant through it all, and once we move into our home, we will have about 3 weeks to settle into our home before the baby arrives. Hopefully, my nesting instincts will kick into hyperdrive and we'll be ready for the baby, company, and whatever else comes our way! I'm just so glad to have a home of our own again!

4 comments:

Laighton and Katie said...

Wow! Crazy time. Just be glad you don't have to have your baby in the TLF :) Good luck with everything....hopefully he doesn't come early :)

Nikki said...

Oh. my. goodness. I feel for you. I really do. I'm so glad you are just about into your new home though.

We've been in our base house about 2 1/2 weeks now. I have to take things way slower than anticipated with unpacking and organizing. Of course, it may have been a little easier if I wasn't homeschooling the oldest for the first two weeks of it. But now summer vacation is here and I don't have to worry about rushing here or there.

Take it easy though. Let the boys do the heavy lifting.

Unknown said...

Oh man, I'll keep this all in mind when Tim mentions joining the Air Force like he does every now and then. ;)

The Chapman's said...

Really it's not all that bad. We are having a rougher transition than most people since we sold our house so fast and decided to build a home, all while expecting a baby. We're pretty atypical.