We finally closed on our home June 18, which was 2 days later than I hoped for, but just in time for the arrival of our household goods. We spent our first night in the house the next day after we had beds to sleep on. It was great to finally have our things, space, and a home of our own again.
Since then, it has been crazy, crazy, crazy! George had the weekend to help us settle into the home, and trust me, that was not enough time! He basically has been unavailable from last Monday until tomorrow--and our baby is coming either Friday night or hopefully Saturday morning--4th of July or bust! Luckily, my mom is a saint and traveled from Washington state a week earlier than she planned to help me move in, prepare for the baby, and help with the kids. Plus, she brought back our dog Eddie! She has been wonderful and if not for her, I am sure I would be crying every day, all day because this is all a bit much to handle.
Our internet was hooked up today and I am ecstatic to have a connection to the outside world again. It has made me very happy, pathetic I know. But, in my defense, we do not have television, I've read all of our books and magazines, and at the end of the day, I'm too tired to keep working. So, having computer time is how I relax and stay connected. When things settle down some more, I will try and post pictures of the outside of our home, and some pictures of baby boy Chapman (who still does not have a name).
No comments:
Post a Comment