Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Grrrrr

I'll probably regret admitting I'm stressing big time and on the verge of a breakdown, but I think I'll feel better if I let this all out and also update everyone on what's going on. We are still in the base TLF, we are due to have the baby in 2.5 weeks, and we still don't have any of our stuff, particularly our baby stuff. I've been handling the pressure pretty good so far, but due to the builder not having things finished, even after delaying closing by 8 days, and our lender not having their act together, we have not been able to close on our home. We were supposed to close in about 30 minutes, but because USAA mortgage services have been super lame, we will have to delay closing until tomorrow, assuming USAA is finally ready.

For anyone who banks with USAA, don't let this frighten you. We have loved everything about them except their mortgage services. They have great rates, unfortunately, you can't beat walking into an office and talking to someone directly. Our experience has been stressful, impersonal, and frustrating. An appraisal was supposed to be done on Monday, June 8, then June 10, but it wasn't completed until June 11th (we were supposed to close on the 12th). Now the appraiser, who is local to where we live has still not submitted his appraisal. How long does it take to submit an appraisal? Though the appraiser is not an employee of USAA, the fact that we are the victims of someone not doing their job and that USAA can't do anything about it is extremely frustrating.

Because of this, we have had to call the utility company several times to cancel and set up our utilitites on different days, I've had to cancel and reschedule a Dr. appointment, we've had to extend our stay in the TLF twice, and we've had to cancel and reschedule our shipment of household goods. Since we've had two separate days that we were supposed to close on and haven't been able to, I'm feeling a bit emotional. I really want to get into our home and prepare for this baby. Hopefully tomorrow will work out. If not, I'm going to become a crazy pregnant mama and rip into someone. GRRRR!

2 comments:

Park Family said...

You deserve to rip into someone! I would do it for you if I was there! I hope it goes well tomorrow!

Nikki said...

Wow. For as far along as you are, and in such an agonizing waiting situation, you are particularly calm. I was INSANELY peeved with our real estate agent from special school, and SOOOOOOOOOO mad that we didn't have a house yet, etc, etc. I cannot imagine being as far along as you and not having my stuff yet. You are in my thoughts and prayers.