Friday, January 14, 2011

2 Weeks Down, Only 20 More to Go

The title sure sounds like I'm pregnant or something (I'm not by the way).  Though I'm trying to not think about it so much, I can't help but think in these terms.  Week 1, I was very successful with cleaning, organizing, shopping, mostly taking care of business stuff.  This week, I've been more successful at backing into a light post and busting my bumper, dealing with frozen pipes in the laundry room and dealing with subsequent flooding from an unfrozen drain once laundry was attempted. Oh and my children, bless their hearts, are testing my limits with multiple tantrums every day, fighting constantly with each other, not eating their meals, and making it impossible for me to shop in any store.  We have not grocery shopped in over a week [gasp]! For a family of five (minus one), fresh food does not last that long in the house.



So, even though we do not have fresh bananas and other produce, 3 eggs in the fridge, a gallon of milk expired and one about to expire, I'm going to delay grocery shopping until who-knows-when. Why, you ask? Well, silly old me decided to do some hair cutting today and I butched it...ba-aad. The A-line thing is a lot harder than it looks!  I'm going to Colorado tomorrow morning to get my hair fixed because  (a) I think after every hard week I should schedule some pampering for myself (b) I need someone really good to fix my brown choppy locks and (c) I paid $49 through Groupon to get my hair cut and highlighted at Tuana Hair Design, a salon in Fort Collins that has top notch hairstylists who travel to and compete in hair styling competitions.  I'm soo excited to have someone without a mullet or belt buckle touch my hair (no offense to anyone in Cheyenne, but I've had experiences with both in Montana and Wyoming and it wasn't pretty). Maybe I'll post an after picture if I'm in love with my new haircut. 

1 comment:

Shawn & Lauren said...

So did you love your new dew or what!? Pictures please!! I maybe should let you talk more when we're on the phone or something, because you didn't tell me about the lightpost or the flooding!! What horrible things to have happen with George MIA. Crazy!!