Wednesday, March 04, 2009

The Higher Power of Lucky!

I've been pondering a bit over the last several days how lucky we have been lately. And since this month celebrates St. Patrick's day, which is usually associated with luck, I thought I would update our blog to reflect that. I've been guilty lately of only looking at the negative side of things. Instead of complaining about all the stresses of moving and selling our home, I should be content and count my blessings.

On Sunday, I broke the news at church that we sold our house and the kids and I would be moving out of the ward shortly after closing, which is in 9 days. Several people were shocked that we sold our house so quickly. While our house was still on the market, George and I were stressing about how many showings we'd had and wondering if we'd sell our home in time. But we did, and not only did we sell our home faster than average, but we are not losing money on our home. All over the country, responsible people are losing money on their homes. We are fortunate enough to have a sizable down payment on our next home and little to no debt. And even though we will be homeless for almost 3 months, I can still see the hand of the Lord guiding us in our decision making.

I don't know what Wyoming has in store for us. We certainly did not choose to go there, but I do know that the Lord is the one who is ultimately in charge of our lives and if we trust in Him, we can count our blessings instead of our trials.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I am often guilty of the same thing. It's amazing how looking at someone less fortunate than you can help you to see how blessed you are.

I watched an episode of Oprah the other day about average "responsible" people like you mentioned that were homeless because they lost their jobs or their interest rates skyrocketed and they couldn't afford their mortgage anymore. It's sad really. But we truly are blessed, aren't we?

The Coombs' said...

Nice reflections! And I can't believe you are having another boy! I would die if I added anymore testosterone to this house. You are much more laid back than I am, so I'm sure you'll be fine!