Thursday, March 26, 2009

Separation is Hard

I consider myself a pretty strong person, afterall, George has left me plenty enough times (on work assignments of course) for me to manage the kids for long durations of time and everyone is still alive and happy when he returns. Maybe it's the pregnancy hormones, maybe it's the children being in a different environment and exploring their limits, or probably both, but this time I am really pulling my hair out! Even though I am staying at my parent's home, Team Chapman just doesn't function as well without George. There's just no substitute for a husband or daddy.

I'm sure things will get better, but if anyone has any parenting tips for kids really pushing their limits, especially in front of grandma and grandpa, please let me know. I'm at my wit's end.


Some sound advice from a seasoned mother!

3 comments:

Nikki said...

Ugh. I hate that. Danny just got home on Friday after being gone five weeks. Luckily for us, we are still in our home. But next week when I leave for Utah with my dad, and Danny is still here packing up, I predict similar frustrations.

The only thing that works for me is trying to keep similar routines as you would have at home. And if possible, though very difficult as pregnancy progresses, wear them out during the day with lots of exploring, walks, activities, etc.

Tubbs Family said...

It times like these that I say to myself.."And this too shall pass"..and.."What doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" or something like that. Anyway, I sympathize. But just think, a brand new house...ahhh...no work to be done...just relax and enjoy!! I hope it all gets better soon!

The Chapman's said...

Thanks for the advice. It seems a little extra effort on my part to be patient, firm and do fun things is making progress.