Sunday, February 21, 2010

What's New Around Here


For Christmas, George and I purchased an XBox 360 for our family. We bought it for several reasons (Rock Band anyone?) but one of the main reasons is so that we can watch Netflix movies from the TV. However, in order to do that you need an internet connection to the console and an XBox Live gold subscription. We didn't have either, until I realized we had a 30-day subscription that came with our XBox 360. So, for Valentine's Day, I purchased a wireless XBox 360 thingy (come on, I'm not that technical!) and we've put it to good use over the last week.

While browsing the Netflix movies, George found Voltron for Jaren to watch. Oh. My. Goodness. That kid is entranced! He's watched at least 6 episodes in a 3-day period and he's even having dreams about Voltron. One night, he sternly and very seriously said to George, "Daddy, you're not going to work tomorrow. You're going to watch Voltron with me." They have watched all the shows together since it was one of George's favorite childhood TV shows. It's great that they can bond over this, but I have to be careful because Jaren has begun to act a little funny--like saying this as a woman was passing us in the store, "Mom, the human is staring at me."

Now all Netflix needs to do is make Transformers available so that Uncle Steve can be proud!

1 comment:

Park Family said...

Uncle Steve would be so proud if he watched the Transformers. I love that he is starting to talk like them. Too funny!