*This post is more like a journal entry, so be forewarned: It could get boring!
It is hard to believe that it is May already. Not only that, but it is also hard to believe that in 35 days, George will be officially done with Weapon's School. Time has flown by much too quickly. Not that I am complaining, I just can't keep up with everything. Three boys (6, 4, and nearly 2), two busy callings in the ward, school events, spring soccer, spring break, visitors, birthdays, Easter, and hosting a girl's night out have kept me extremely busy. I like busy, now I just need something to show for what we've been up to.
Let's start with where I left off last. I
sacrificed devoted nearly a month of my life preparing for the Relief Society birthday celebration. Not only did I plan almost every single detail of the Relief Society birthday, but I spent weeks making invitations, pom-pom napkin rings, pom-pom's of all sizes to hang from the ceiling and I helped put together a half-hour video for our presentation. Several lovely ladies from the ward were very helpful in making the celebration a success and it's such a "relief" for the birthday to be over, pardon the pun!
 |
| Pom-pom's galore. Final count was definitely over 100. |
After a brief recovery from the Relief Society birthday, George made a quick last-minute trip home. He purchased his tickets the night before he was to leave and though the weekend was short-lived, it was heavenly! Nothing beats waking up to the one you love, making and a eating a nice breakfast, and then watching your children giggle and laugh from being tickled by their father. Sadly though, the only picture I have of George's visit is this one below. Everyone was tuckered out from the night before since George's flight arrived in Denver around 9:30, which meant by the time we arrived home, it was after 11 PM.

The following weekend was spring break. I decided a while back to go to Washington and see my parents, brothers and my Grandma Martha, who is 91 and not doing so well. I hadn't been back to Washington in nearly two years and it had been that long since I had seen everyone, except my parents. It was a good visit and we topped it off by heading to Utah for my sister's new baby's blessing. It was so good to see everyone. I even gained a traveler on the way home and was able to spend good quality time with my Grandpa Ira.
 |
| A picnic with Grandma and Grandpa in the backyard. |
 |
| My little brother Kellen. He's kind of a big deal. |
 |
| My older brother playing with my boys and my twin. |
 |
| Kite-flying with Grandpa Ira. |
More pictures and stories to come. I'm tuckered out.
No comments:
Post a Comment